Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Karma pt2

The morning came and Terrell was still lying by my side. Goofy smile on his face, watching me sleep.

“Tell me you love me in your language.”

I smiled and whispered to him “Yasay Duta Amah”

“Are you still taking me out to meet the flock this weekend?”

My heart skipped a beat; he would be amongst my family. Women older and more powerful than me, ones that could take him away from me, if they saw fit. We weren’t allowed to have true loves, we were ordained to only have men sealed to us, not ones that chose to come and go. I would be playing with fire. I swallowed hard and told him the truth. “You know shit about me that know ones else knows, but what you don’t know is you’re supposed to be sealed to me. You aren’t supposed to have this free will…”

He put his finger to my lips and kissed me. “Thank you, for trusting me the way you do. I am sealed to you, you have my heart.”
I was faint.

We flew from New York to Louisiana, as we stepped off the plane I took a deep breath. I was home. Terrell grabbed my hand and we headed to grab our bags. Gathering everything that we had brought with us we stepped outside and we were met by my mother’s Limo. I wasn’t truly ready for this meet and greet but it was too late to back out. Jessup parked and rushed over to open our doors and I could see my mother sitting inside. She smiled her crooked coy smile and welcomed us back to Louisiana.

“Hey Karma, I’m so glad that you could make it. Terrell I have heard nothing but good things about you, it is so good to finally meet you.”

I could tell he was hesitant to touch her hand, he feared what her powers could be. I gave him a look that it was okay and kissed the top of her hand.

“It’s my pleasure!”

He didn’t know that mom’s power lie in her eyes, she could convince you to do anything no touch necessary. Her seal was not coins nor did it require sex, just as simple look, she was more dangerous than the rest of us.

Internally I wanted to get the hell outta Louisiana. I wasn’t ready to bring Terrell anywhere near my family but we all do stupid shit when were in love. Love was stronger and more powerful then we give it credit.
Pulling her long red hair back and dropping it behind her strong shoulders, she was a monster behind her beautiful smile. I didn’t want to look her in the eyes, she was my mom and I knew exactly what she was capable of. I could tell this was making Terrell uncomfortable; he reached over and grabbed my hand.
Mom caught my glance and whispered in our tongue. “tulah vadae” My whole body trembled, I felt the ice quickly pierce my heart. She was warning me that he would be taken from me, my mom was an enchantress and she was entitled to anything and anyone. Her cold stare was hard to break away; Terrell was squeezing my hand and calling my name.

“Karma!”


To be continued..

1 comment: