Thursday, January 2, 2014


Normally I don’t write out of spite, I held my tongue with all my might. Some things have got to be said, or in this case read. African American as am I! Touch the coarse roots of my nap, brace yourself if I sit on your lap, heavy from the weight of the world, I will always be a chocolate girl.  Thighs thick like molasses, calves built with power, thick lips that devour, my every word has power.  Who am I? I am who I choose to be and my skin will never define me, but it definitely accentuates the woman I have grown to be. Strong, strong enough to embrace you, the one that chooses to separate thyself from who you are because of what you’ve become! Born by a mother of color you can never deny one another.  I am angry and very disappointed in you! You silly chocolate girl you! Education is a bonus, a career is more, but that will never put you higher than another “Black Woman’s” score. Define to me the definition of a Black Woman so I can show you exactly what you are not. Strong, respectful, intuitive and bold, maybe these are the attributes you LACK, but honey they define an African American Woman or shall I just call us Black. The designer of my clothes has no bearing on my soul!  Ignorance is bliss, I think you have taken to many sips of this. An African American WOMAN is who I will always be, and there is NOTHING "TYPICAL" ABOUT ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment